How to Change Language on AmazonAmazon .operates multiple versions of its trading platform, each offering multiple language options. The default language depends on the version of the Amazon site you are visiting or making purchases. For example, amazon.es displays Spanish, amazon.fr uses French as the default language, and amazon.de defaults to German.Switching from one language to another on Amazon is very easy. If Amazon displays an unknown language on your device/browser, we will show you how to switch to your preferred language.Some features of the Amazon apps or websites may not be available in the language of your choice. Translate this page into your local language using Google or online translators if you cannot read English.
Change Language on Amazon Website (Desktop)
Open the Amazon website in your computer’s web browser and sign in to your Amazon account. You can also change the language on Amazon as a guest/visitor without logging into your account.Hover your mouse/cursor over the flag icon to the right of the search box and select your desired language. Your browser should update Amazon and download texts in your preferred language. Press F5 on your keyboard if your browser doesn’t automatically reload Amazon.Available languages depend on your country or region. Change your Amazon country or region if you don’t find your preferred language in the list.
How to Change Country on Amazon (PC Website)
- Hover over the flag icon and select Change Country/Region.
- Select your country/region from the “Select your preferred website for your country/region” drop-down menu.
- To continue, click the Go to Website button. Your browser will open Amazon (in your chosen language) in a new tab.
Change Language on Amazon Website (Mobile)
Open Amazon on your phone’s web browser and follow the steps below to select your preferred shopping language.
- Scroll down the Amazon webpage and tap the current language next to the globe icon.
Note: The globe icon is not displayed if only one language is available for your country/region.
- Select an option and press Save Changes.
Change Amazon Language on iPhone
Open the Amazon Shopping app on your iPhone and follow the steps below.
- Click the hamburger menu icon in the bottom right corner of the Amazon app.
- Scroll down the menu page, click Settings and select Country & Language >.
- Press Language, select an available language and press Done</ interval>.
You will be prompted to change region/country if the desired language is not available in your country. Switch to another region/country and check if your preferred language is available. Close and reopen Amazon if the app doesn’t change your language. Update Amazon from your device’s app store if the issue persists.
Change Amazon Language on Android
Open the Amazon Shopping app on your Android device and follow the steps below.
- Press the hamburger menu icon in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down the menu page, expand the Settings drop-down menu and click Country and Language< /span>.
- Press Language to continue.
- Select your preferred language and click Done.
If you don’t find your preferred language in the list, please change your country/region and check again.
Shop in Your Preferred Language
Amazon handles regional and language settings on your devices individually. Changes made to the language settings in the Amazon mobile app do not propagate to the web or other devices. This means you can shop in different languages on different devices.
How to Change Language on Amazon
How to Change Language on Amazon