How To Block Unauthorized App Store Purchases Under Your Account.
Your smartphone is your life – or at least contains a significant portion of it. If someone gains access to it, it can do any damage to your privacy. This is why we try so hard to protect our gadgets.
However, this is not always easy to do when you share access with family or friends. For example, letting someone play an app game on your tablet or smartphone.
How do you block in-app or in-app purchases? We’re going to show you how to block your account so that this doesn’t happen by mistake.
Secure your iOS device from App Store purchases
If you allow someone to use your device or have children under your account, follow these steps to block in-app purchases using your e-wallet.
For starters, never share your iTunes password with your kids – or anyone else for that matter. Then follow these steps:
- Click Settings on your iOS device.
- Select Restrictions and then click Enable Restrictions.
- Create a PIN (something other than your device’s PIN).
- Go to the Allowed Content section.
- Disable in-app purchases or change the password setting to immediately and then create a password for purchases.
Your device is now protected from in-app purchases.
Another way to block in-app purchases on Apple devices
You may want to block all in-app purchases wherever they occur. In this case, you will need to directly log into your iOS device and make a few changes.
You will start by accessing Screen Time:
- go to Settings and click Screen Time.
- Select “This is my device” or “This is my baby device”.
- Create a password so no one can access the settings (optional).
- Create a parental password if you are setting screen time for your child’s device.
- Click Content & Privacy Restrictions, enter a password (if required), then turn on Content & Privacy.
- Select iTunes & App Store Purchases.
- Click In Application. Purchases and select “Don’t Allow”.
Another option is to go to the Content and Privacy Restrictions section and select Allowed Apps. From here, you can deselect the iTunes Store, Books, and any other apps or stores that you don’t want them to be shared with.
How to prevent unintended purchases in Android
If you are trying to prevent someone from making purchases with your Android device, you can do the following to block in-app purchases:
- Go to the Google Play app.
- Click Settings.
- Click Custom Controls.
- Select “Set or Change PIN” and then enter your PIN.
- Return to User Preferences and activate Use PN for Purchase.
Another option is to use parental control software that can block apps as well as in-app purchases. Android comes with a standard parental control app that you can use to take more control over your children’s devices.
Protect your money and your children
Smart devices are connected to key areas of our lives. We trust him with our email, passwords, and now our credit card details.
This creates all sorts of risks, especially unexpected ones that happen right under our noses. Our kids love the app store, which means they are more likely to secretly spend money in your bank account.
Don’t expect this unpleasant surprise – use these tips today to block in-app purchases and take full control of your Android and iOS devices.