Learn How To Add Fonts To Google Docs step by step. Google Docs is the favorite word processor for many people. However, many people feel limited to the few fonts that are available to choose from.
Read :4 Ways To Insert a Text Box In Google Docs
Fortunately, you can add fonts to Google Docs There are several ways to do this, including accessing more pre-installed fonts in Google Docs and using the external fonts add-on.
Can you use computer fonts with Google Docs?
At the time of this writing, you were unable to upload fonts from your computer to Google Docs You can only use the fonts that come with Google Docs, and you can get a few more fonts with the.
Use the font menu to find and use more fonts
The font picker in Google Docs only shows a limited number of fonts. There are a number of other fonts that you can use by expanding the font menu.
- Open an existing document or create a new document using Google Docs
- Click the font selection arrow in the toolbar, and then click Additional Fonts. A new window will open.
- You will now see a number of fonts that were not available in the font picker. You can search for your favorite fonts by entering their names in the search box.
- Click the various options at the top to sort fonts by script, font type, and different sort order.
- Having found a font you like, click on it and it will be added to the font list. Then click “OK” at the bottom to close the font window.
- The selected font will now be used in your current Google Docs
- Google Docs allows you to save a list of your favorite fonts in this More fonts window. You can add and remove fonts from there, so it’s an organized list of your favorite fonts.
Use additional fonts in Google Mobile Docs
You can also change the fonts in your documents in the Google Docs app for Android and iOS. This app displays all available fonts on one screen from which you can choose.
- Launch the Google Docs app on your phone and open a document.
- Click on the pencil icon. in the lower right corner to edit the document.
- Press and hold the text for which you want to change the font. Then tap the A icon at the top to open the formatting menu.
- Select the Font option to view the available fonts.
- You should now have a scrollable list of fonts. Scroll down to find the font you want and tap a font to use in your document.
- As soon as you touch a font, the selected text will use it. Then tap the checkmark icon at the top to return to the editing screen.
Use a plug-in to add fonts to Google Docs
One way to add external fonts to Google Docs is by using an add-on There is an Extensis Fonts add-on that allows you to add over 900 fonts to Google Docs First, you need to install and integrate it with your account, which can be done as follows.
Install Extensis Fonts in Google Docs
- Open an existing document or create a new document in Google Docs
- Click the Add-Ins menu at the top and select Get Add-Ins.
- You will see that the G Suite Marketplace offers various add-ons for use with Google Docs Place your cursor in the search box, type Extensis Fonts and press Enter.
- Click the only Extensis Fonts add-on on the screen.
- You will now see a blue button labeled Install. Click it to install the Extensis Fonts add-on to your Google Docs account.
- Select Continue at the prompt.
- Select the Google account where you want to use this add-on.
- Review the data sharing information for the add-in and click Allow at the bottom.
The Extensis Fonts add-on should now be available in Google Docs
Adding fonts to Google Docs with Extensis Fonts
Unlike the default Google Docs fonts, you cannot select a font from the Extensis Fonts add-on and start typing. You should already have text in your document, and then you can use the font from this add-on to format your text.
- Select the text in your document whose font you want to change. for.
- Click the Add-Ins menu at the top and select Extensis Fonts and then Start.
- A new panel will open on the right side of the screen. This panel has several fonts to choose from for your text.
- Click the font you want to apply to your text and your text will immediately use that font.
- You can click on the different sort options in the Extensions Fonts panel to easily find the font you want.
Once you’ve applied a font to text from Extensis Fonts, you can type as much as you like using that font.
Set the newly added font in Google Docs
If you find the font you’re looking for, you can set it as the default so that all your future documents will use it.
- Select text in a Google Docs document. </ Li>
- Click the font picker to select an embedded Google Docs font, or use the Add-ons menu to select a font from Extensis Fonts.
- Apply the selected font to the text.
- Click the Format menu at the top, select Paragraph Styles, click Plain Text and select Update Plain Text to Match.
- Make sure the text is still selected. Open the Format menu, choose Paragraph Styles, Options, and choose Save As Default Styles.
- Google Docs will now use the font of your choice as the default font for all your documents.
- You can reset the font settings by clicking Format> Paragraph Styles> Options> Reset Styles. Then you need to keep the default reset style as above.
You can’t add a custom font of your choice to Google Docs, but you can certainly use a variety of fonts that the above third-party add-on offers.
What’s your favorite font? Did you find it built into Google Docs or needed to use Extensis fonts? Let us know in the comments below.