How to Add Audio to Google Slides.If you want to add sound to your Google Slides presentation, you can do it easily. You may need an educational narration, soothing background music, or a sound effect that matches the image. Whatever your enjoyment, here’s how to add audio to Google Slides.
Add Audio to Google Slides on the Web
You can add an MP3 or WAV file to a slide in Google Slides on the web. To do this, you need to upload the file to Google Drive first. Slides does not currently offer direct download options from your computer.
Upload audio file to Google Drive online
If you’re familiar with uploading files to Google Drive, you can skip this section, but if this is your first time, just follow these simple steps.
- Visit Google Drive and sign in with the same Google account you use for Google Slides.
- Select New in the top left corner and select Upload File.
- Browse for and select an audio file and press Open.
- Confirm that your file is uploaded to your Google Drive account. You can look in your My Drive, go to the Recent section on the link on the left, or use Search at the top.
You can then go to Google Slides to embed the audio file.
Add an audio file to Google Slides for the web
Once your audio file is in your Google Drive, you can easily embed it on any slide in your presentation.
- Visit Google Slides and sign in with the same Google account you use for Google Drive.
- Go to the slide where you want to place the audio file and choose where to insert it.
- Open the Insert menu and select Audio.
- In the Insert Audio popup, use either My Disc or Recent to find your audio file.
- Select the file and press Insert.
- You will see the file on the slide as a speaker icon. You can select this icon and press the Play button to listen to the sound.
When you present your slideshow, simply select an icon to play music or narration. You can also set up a few playback options first.
Audio file playback settings
If you want to play an audio file automatically or loop it to repeat, you can adjust these playback options.Select the audio icon and do one of the following:
- Select Format > Format Options. in the menu.
- Right click and select Format Options.
- Select Format Options from the toolbar at the top.
You will see the format sidebar open. Expand the Audio Playback section.In the “Start Playback” section, you can choose whether to play the sound On Click or Automatic. . If you select On Click, you will need to select an icon to play the sound. If you select Automatic, the sound will play as soon as you move to the slide. In the Options section, use the slider to adjust the audio volume during your presentation. Then, if you select Automatic in the “Start Playback” section, you will see that the icon Hide on Show < /span>option becomes available. Check the box to hide the icon from the audience during a presentation. You can also check the boxes for Loop sound to automatically play the sound when finished, and Stop on slide change. if you want to stop the sound from playing when you move to the next slide. When you’re done, you can use the X in the top right corner of the sidebar to close it.
Add Audio to Google Slides on iPhone, iPad, and Android
If you’re using Google Slides on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device, you can embed an audio file, but in a slightly different way. At the time of this writing, the Insert menu does not have an Audio option; however, there is a workaround.To add audio, you’ll link to it using text, an image, or another object on the slide. When you select a linked element, you can play a sound.
Upload an audio file to Google Drive on mobile
To add an audio file to your presentation, you can easily upload it to the Google Drive mobile app.
- Open Google Drive and go to Home (Android) or tab (iPhone and iPad).
- Select the plus sign in the lower right corner and select Load .
- Click Browse and then browse to and select an audio file.
- Once you’ve uploaded the file to Google Drive, select the More (three dots) icon next to it and select the Copy link. This will place the link on your clipboard so you can paste it into Google Slides.
Add a link to the audio file in Google Slides on mobile
To add a link to Google Slides, go there and open the slide. If you don’t have an element you want to link to, such as text, an image, or an object, add one.
- Select the element you want to link. If you want to use text, tap or double-tap to select a word, phrase, or sentence.
- When the toolbar appears below the element, press the arrow on the right until the icon appears Insert a link and then select it.
- On the next screen, tap the Link field and tap again if necessary to display the Insert and select it.
- Use the tick in the top right corner to attach the link to the element.
When playing a presentation, select a link or related item to open and play the audio. Be aware that since this is a workaround, selecting the link does not just play the music, voice-over, or audio recording, but rather opens the audio file so you can click Play .Before Google implemented the audio feature in Google Slides on the web, you had to use a different method to add music to Google Slides. Let’s hope Google follows suit and introduces an audio option for its mobile app in the future.
How to Add Audio to Google Slides
How to Add Audio to Google Slides