How To Add A Business To Google Maps in Our smartphones are no longer just for making regular calls and sending text messages. Many people use their phones to watch movies on Netflix or other streaming media services, listen to music on YouTube or radio, and chat on social media and other activities.
How To Add A Business To Google Maps
However, one of the most versatile tasks we do on our phones is getting location information. This includes planning a route to an unfamiliar place, finding travel times, and recommending places to visit.
For businesses, this is a great opportunity not only to help customers find your business but also for local search engine optimization (SEO).
Google Maps and Apple Maps are some of the best and most popular navigation apps that are frequently used by smartphone users around the world. If your company doesn’t have any of these apps, you are losing online and traffic. These applications provide the ability to introduce your business to customers at critical stages in their purchasing decision.
This is how you can add a business to Google Maps and Apple Maps.
How to Add a Business to Google Maps
More than 1 billion people use Google Maps to find local businesses in their area. If your business isn’t already listed, you can add it to Google Maps through Google My Business and make sure it shows up when you search locally on Google.
Google My Business helps you manage how customers find and view your business on Google Maps. It also improves local SEO.
Note. You don’t need to have a website to list your business on Google Maps. However, the website provides even more visibility in local Google search results, which increases your chances of selling.
- To get started, go to Google My Business and click Sign In. You can use the Google account you use for Google Drive or Gmail to sign in.
- Click Manage Now to check if your company is listed.
- If your business is not listed, click Add Business to Google.
Enter your company name and click Next.
- Select the appropriate main Google My Business category for your business. After setting up your account, you can also add subcategories.
- Choose whether you want to add a store or office location for your company.
- How To Drop a Pin in Google Maps on Desktop and Mobile
Add a business address.
- Add your company marker to the map.
- Please confirm if you are serving customers outside of your location.
Select the industries you serve.
- Add contact information and then choose if you want to receive Google updates and recommendations for your business.
- Click Finish to save the entry.
Choose how you want to verify your company.
- Add opening hours.
Next add company description and any other important information.
- Add company photos.
- After Google confirms your business, you can go to the dashboard and change or add any other information. You will receive a confirmation email so customers can find your business on Google and related platforms.
How to Add a Business to Apple Maps
Apple is committed to creating next-generation maps with faster loading, greater detail, and greater accuracy so users can navigate different locations.
Adding your business to Apple Maps means more local customers are delivered directly to you, and you get a bigger market share than your competitors. In addition, using the Apple Maps Connect self-service portal, you can add the URL of your company website and social media pages to your business profile.
- To add your business to Apple Maps, visit the Apple Maps Connect page and click the Login button. You need an Apple ID to sign in, so if you don’t have one, you can click on the Create One link under the Sign In button. Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes.
- Then select your language and click Finish. At this point, you can also choose to receive information from Apple Maps, as it may contain key information and updates.
Accept Apple’s terms of service for the Apple Maps app.
- Enter your company name and address (street, city or zip code), find your company name in the list and click on it. At this point, you can cross-check and confirm that your company was not previously listed to avoid double listing. This can confuse potential customers and ultimately cost your business dearly.
- Then click on your company to see the full profile and then click on the blue Claim This Place button to claim your company. If you do not see your company in the results, click Add Place to create a new company record.
- Enter correct information about your company and other important information. Make sure the information is accurate, current, factual, relevant, and keyword-rich. Include your business address, opening hours, and associated social media accounts.
- Place a marker on the map confirming your exact location on Apple Maps. Specify the exact location and building so customers can come straight to your store or office without having to run into any problems.
- Make sure this is your company. Apple will contact you at the work phone number you provided in the previous step with additional information about your claim. You can always confirm this later if you are not ready to do so immediately.
Draw attention to your work
Whether you’re selling a product or service, adding a business to Google Maps and Apple Maps can help you sell or lose potential traffic. We hope you were able to host your company on any platform by following the steps in this guide. Share your experience with us in the comments.
How To Add A Business To Google Maps
How To Add A Business To Google Maps.