Driver Booster is a free program that you can install on Windows to check for outdated or missing drivers If you’ve connected something new to your computer just to keep Windows from recognizing it, or you’re having network access errors or other problems with other hardware, a driver update tool like Driver Booster can help.
Drivers in Windows are vital for proper hardware operation. Without them, the operating system won’t know how to use the connected hardware, such as a microphone, keyboard, webcam, etc.
This program also includes other tools so that you can not only update your drivers, but also perform actions such as rolling back a driver to a previous version and viewing various information about your system.
Driver Booster Features
Before we dive into how to use the program, let’s take a quick look at all the best features of Driver Booster:
- Load more than one driver at a time.
- All drivers are loaded into the program (you don’t need to search for them manually).
- Run automatic driver scan every day / week / month.
- Automatic scanning of newly connected devices.
- Most drivers can be installed without having to click on the install button.
- Show only drivers that have passed WHQL testing.
- View the current and available driver version number.
- Automatically create a system restore point before installing the driver.
- Automatically remove the driver package after installation.
- Ignore updates you don’t. do not want to install.
- Roll back drivers to an older version.
- Export a list of all drivers to a text file.
- Remove the drivers from your computer.
- Restore drivers using a driver backup.
- There is a lot of information about your computer’s hardware.
- There are some small built-in tools that can fix network crashes, poor resolution, and sound problems.
While it is not entirely necessary to mention this as it is not a functional feature, you might be interested to know that you can also change the Driver Booster skin. There is a black and white skin that can be quickly selected from the program menu, but you can also choose any color from the color bar.
It is also possible to download drivers through a proxy server if you prefer.
How to check for driver updates
Driver Booster is extremely easy to use, which is why it is one of our favorite driver update programs.
Open the program to start a new scan immediately, or if it doesn’t start, click “SCAN”. You may have to wait a few minutes for the scan to complete, depending on the speed of your computer and the number of devices you have.
Click “Update Now” to update all the drivers with a checkmark on the left. It’s up to you which ones to update, so you can uncheck any of them if you don’t want to update that particular driver right now. To update individual drivers at a time, select Update next to them.
Notice the down arrow next to the Refresh button. You can click it to view additional options for that driver, such as view the version number, uninstall the driver, or ignore the device so you no longer see the driver update options.
Driver Booster will notify you that your security software may interfere with driver installation, so you may need to disable it before completing the update. Also, if you are updating your graphics card or network card, be aware that the screen or network may be temporarily disabled during installation, but normal operation will return after the driver update is complete.
Driver Booster is by far one of the best (if not best drivers are out of date but do not provide a download link, while Driver Booster is extremely easy to use because you only need to do a few clicks to get and install the drivers
However, the free version does not provide all of the driver updates offered by the program; the discrepancy is reported to be half a million . In addition, it does not download drivers as fast as the Pro version, does not automatically back up drivers, displays advertisements for the Pro version, and does not automatically update the program.