best Location-Based Reminders source.google set reminder.
To-Do apps have evolved over the years. These apps not only remind you of events at a specific time or date, but you can also use them to set location-based reminders. This means getting notifications about an event or task based on your activity at a specified location.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to create location-based reminders on iOS and Android devices. We’ll also highlight some real-world cases where location-based reminders can make your life easier.
google set reminder
Location-Based Reminders: 6 Usage Ideas
Do you often forget important tasks that need to be done in a certain place? These ideas will help take the strain off your memory.
- Self-pickup of groceries: would you like to pick up groceries on the way from the office? Take out your phone and create a location-based reminder that is triggered when you leave your office parking lot or drive past the nearest supermarket.
- Refuel the vehicle. Is your car running out of gas? Set a location-based reminder to alert you to refuel when you are near the nearest gas station.
- Feed your pet. Do you sometimes forget to feed your pet? This is one of the problems that many pet owners struggle with. Use location-based reminders to create scheduled alerts that notify you to feed your pet whenever you get home from work.
- Never forget your travel documents: create a checklist and attach a location reminder that will notify you to validate your travel documents before leaving for the airport.
- Don’t leave people hanging: do you need to call someone when you visit a certain area? Telling your phone’s virtual assistant to set a location-based reminder when you arrive or leave that location solves the problem.
- Perform location-specific tasks: Want to pick flowers the next time you visit your favorite garden? Set a location-based reminder. Want to talk to your kids’ teacher? A location-based note will remind you the next time you leave them at school.
Set Location-Based Reminders on Google Keep
Install the Google Keep app on your Android smartphone or iPhone, sign in with your Google account credentials, and follow these steps.
- Click the plus sign in the lower right corner to create a new reminder.
- Give the reminder a name and fill in the content with the details of the reminder. Then tap the bell icon in the upper right corner to add location and time information to the reminder.
Note that you can add a location-based reminder to an old or previously created Google Keep note. Open the note, tap the bell icon and go to step # 3 to add a location or time reminder.
- Go to the Select Location tab and enter an address and select an exact or closest location from the suggested ones.
If this is your first time using location-based reminders in the app, you will be prompted to let Google Keep access your device’s location. For location-based reminders, you need to allow the app to always access your device’s location.
- Tap the checkmark icon in the upper right corner to add a location to the reminder.
Location-based reminder notes will have a location tag on the Google Keep toolbar. To change the location, open the note, tap the location marker, and select a new address.
Create Location-Based Reminders on iOS
There are two main ways to create location-based reminders on iOS and iPad OS devices. You can do it manually using the Apple Reminders app or Siri.
- Launch the Reminders app and click New Reminder in the lower left corner. Fill in the Title and Notes sections with the details of the event.
- Then open the Details menu to add location information.
- Enable location.
- Choose the best location for the reminder.
Current: This will remind you of an event / action at your current location at a specific time.
How to sign in: You will receive a notification when you connect your device to your car (via Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, or USB Lightning cable) at a specified location.
Logout: Select this option to receive an event reminder when you disconnect your device from your vehicle.
Custom: This option allows you to select an address / location from Apple Maps. Enter the address in the search bar and choose from the proposed ones. Then decide if you want to receive a reminder: Arrival or Departure.
- Click Details to save your location settings.
- Click Add to create a location-based reminder.
Create Location-Based Reminders using Siri
If you use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and other Siri-enabled devices, you can use your voice to command your virtual assistant to create location-based reminders. For example, say, â€œHey Siri! Remind me to buy gas when I leave work. ” will program your device to remind you when you leave a parking lot or near your office.
First, you need to make sure Siri is turned on on your device. Go to Settings> Siri & Search and make sure Listen for Hey Siri is turned on.
However, in order to set up location-based reminders triggered by Siri, you must first save the addresses on your devices. That way, when you order Siri to remind you of an event, when you get home, to the office, school, or parent’s home, the virtual assistant knows the address to refer to.
- Open the Contacts app, head to the Contacts card and tap your name.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll down the contact card and click add address.
- If you are adding your home address, enter the required information in the appropriate dialog box (street, city, state, zip code and country). Otherwise, press Home to change the address label.
- Choose the shortcut that best describes the location. Home, Work, and School are the default shortcuts.
Click Add Label to create custom addresses such as Supermarket, Store, School, Starbucks, etc.
- Click Finish Â»To save the address.
By entering these addresses on your contact card, you can ask Siri to call your wife when you arrive at the mall, or set a voice reminder to feed your pet fish when you get home from work.
Create location-based reminders with Google Apps
You can create location-based reminders on your Android device from the Google app or through the Google Assistant.
Set location-based reminders with Google Assistant
Location Based Reminders in Google App
Let’s say you’re having trouble using the Google Assistant, follow these steps to create location-based reminders in the Google app.
Get Things Done at the Right Places
If location-based reminders are not working on your device, make sure both Do Not Disturb and Do Not Disturb While Driving is turned off. Also, make sure your device and reminder apps are up to date.
Finally, and most importantly, make sure location services are turned on. On iOS devices, go to Settings> Privacy> Location Services and turn on Location Services. For Android, go to Settings> Location and turn on Use Location.
These built-in tools allow you to create location-based reminders on your smartphone. The premium versions of many third-party reminder apps for Android and iOS also come with location-based alerts. Make your choice and see what works best for you.
best Location-Based Reminders source
- Launch the Google Assistant app on your device and tap the Browse icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click the plus sign in the lower right corner and select Reminder.
- Give the reminder a name and click the Post radio button.
- Click the Place drop-down button and set the location for the reminder. Home and Work are predefined locations. You can only set or change your home address on Google Maps. Click Select Location to select a location on Google Maps.
- Enter the address in the search bar and select a location from the suggested ones.
- Click Save to create the reminder.
- Open the Google app, go to the Advanced tab, select Reminders and click the plus sign in the lower right corner.
- Give the reminder a name, click the Location radio button, select a location and click Save to create the reminder.
- best Location-Based Reminders source
google set reminder