Alexa Routines and Skills 2023: A Tutorial.
Amazon Alexa is a powerful smart assistant that lets you shop with your voice, control your smart home, and more, but your home isn’t truly smart until it’s automated. With Alexa, you can customize routines that run every day at a specific time or under pre-set conditions.
You can also use over 100,000 Alexa skills to create routines and further customize your smart home and improve its functionality.
How to Create an Alexa Routine
Creating a new routine in Alexa is easy. There are three main stages. Once you learn how to do them, you can set up all the necessary Alexa routines. Let’s take a look.
Open the Alexa app and tap the More tab in the lower right corner to open the menu. Click on Routines and then click on the plus sign in the upper right corner. You will see a new screen where you have three options:
- Enter a name for the procedure
- When will this happen
- Add a reaction
- The first option is self-explanatory. Just name the procedure whatever you want, although it is recommended to name it so that it can be easily identified.The second option is where the fun begins. You can choose to start the procedure with a specific voice command, on schedule, after a smart device is triggered, when a location is reached, when an alarm is set, after pressing the Echo button, or when arming on a call, ADT.
other compatible systems.
Select the command you want to use. In this example, we used the voice command trigger phrase “Game Time”.
After choosing a trigger for your routine, choose an answer. This will be the action Alexa will take to set your routine in motion. There are several options to choose from:
- Alexa Says: Alexa will respond with a customized phrase that you specify or select from a list.
- Briefings: Alexa provides a summary of the day’s events and reminders.
- Calendar: Alexa provides a breakdown of the day’s events from your linked calendar.
- Call: Alexa will call through an associated account such as Skype.
- Date & Time: Alexa will tell you the current date and time.
- Device Settings: Alexa will stop playing music, adjust the volume, or enter Do Not Disturb mode.
- Drop in Notification: Alexa makes a direct call.
- Email: Alexa will read your email.
- Entertain me: Alexa will do it sing a song or tell a joke.
- Fire TV: Alexa will start playing content on Fire TV devices.
- Good news: Alexa will be reading good, inspirational news.
- Guard: Alexa activates Guard to protect your home.
IFTTT: Alexa will launch a specific IFTTT application. ets that you configured.
- Messaging: Alexa will send or receive ads.
- Music: Alexa plays a song, artist, playlist or station.
- News: Alexa will play news from your Flash Briefing.
- Skills: Alexa activates a pre-defined skill.
- Smart Home: Alexa will control your smart home device. to choose.
- Sounds: Alexa will play sounds you select from categories such as animals, bells and buzzers, crowds, etc.
- Traffic: Alexa will provide a traffic report.
- Please wait: Alexa will set the timer for the time you specified.
- Weather: Alexa will report the weather.
- Custom: Alexa will answer your question.
Almost every option has subcommands when you select it. To continue with the example above, we have chosen the Smart Home response. This opens another screen that provides access to three parameters: All Devices, Control Group and Control Scene.
Clicking any of these options opens additional commands. To complete the sampling procedure, we selected Control Group> Loft. On the final screen, we moved the Power slider to the “On” position.
This means that when you say â€œAlexa, game time,â€ all the lights in the attic come on – and because they are pre-set to individual colors, the program will automatically adjust the mood for the evening when you dwell on your favorite games. …
Alexa Skill is a bit like an app. It extends basic Alexa functionality beyond what it can do by default. To access skills, click More and choose Skills & Games from the menu.
This will open the Skills and Games menu, where you can scroll through the available skills in the Discovery tab, search for specific skill types in the Categories tab, and view any saved skills in the Your Skills tab. Even if you’ve never selected Skills before, there may be some already available on devices added to your Alexa app.
For example, if you have LIFX lamps or an iRobot device that you control via Alexa, those skills will already be available in the Your Skills tab. There are nearly two dozen categories to choose from, with over 100,000 different skills to help you fully customize and control your life with Alexa.
To enable a skill, select it from the menu and click Enable to Use. Once you do this, you will have access to all the abilities that Skill allows.
Alexa routines and skills allow you to use Alexa-compatible smart home devices, but there are other skills that act as shortcuts. For example, IFTTTrigger provides access to any services on IFTTT.com that can be integrated into Alexa routines. This makes it easier to find potential IFTTT integrations than to manually search the website itself.
In addition to skills that expand functionality or improve productivity, you can also play games using Alexa skills. Most of these games are quizzes or quizzes, but there are others available to users with echo shows. You can also play Skyrim. It’s not exactly like it is on PC, but it just goes to show that the game is indeed all over the place.
Alexa Routines and Skills 2021: A Tutorial
Alexa Routines and Skills 2021: A Tutorial.
What are AlexaÂ Routines?