Adding Google Analytics to the Wix site.
Bob Parsons, founder of GoDaddy, once said, â€œMeasure everything that matters. I swear it’s true. Everything that’s measured and watched gets better. ” He understood the importance of collecting and analyzing data in any area of â€‹â€‹business, but especially website usage data.
Collecting data on the characteristics and behavior of your website visitors is critical if you want to grow your business, increase your conversion rates, and increase revenue. Only when you collect data and then analyze it can you respond appropriately.
What Website Analytics Can Do for You
Knowledge is power! Website Analytics can:
- provide you with data about your most popular content and how visitors interact with your site.
- to give you an idea of â€‹â€‹your visitors, how they find your website and their user experience when they land on it.
- Tell you what devices your visitors are using to connect to your website so you can optimize them for those devices.
- Help search engine for your website optimization.
- Show you your ecommerce metrics so you can adjust the services and products you offer to increase your overall revenue.
Now that you know how website analytics can help you improve your return on investment (ROI), let’s learn how to start collecting information about your Wix website visitors, who those visitors are, and how they interact with your site.
This guide on how to add Google Analytics to Wix assumes that you’ve already created a website on Wix, but we’ll help you if you need help. Here’s how to create a great Wix site. If you need help creating a Google Analytics account, you can refer to this tutorial.
Get your tracking ID from Google Analytics
Before you can integrate Google Analytics into your Wix site, you need to create and get your Google Analytics Tracking ID specifically generated for your Wix site.
- Log in to your Google Analytics account and select the admin icon.
- Then select Create Property.
- Enter a Property Name, such as your website name or URL, and click Show Advanced Options.
- Move the radio button to activate Create Universal Analytics Resource.
- Enter your website URL (don’t forget www) and select Create Universal Analytics Resource Only.
- Click Next and enter your company information.
- Then click the New button.
- The next screen displays your Google Analytics Tracking ID. This will be a number in the following format: UA-999999999-0. Copy your tracking ID.
You are now ready to add the Tracking ID to your Wix site.
Add your Google Tracking ID to your Wix site
Next, you will need to add the tracking code to your Wix website by following these steps.
- Go to your Wix Dashboard and go to Marketing & SEO> Marketing Integrations.
- Click the Connect button under Google Analytics.
- Then click the Connect Google Analytics button in the upper right corner.
- Add your Tracking ID and check the “IP Anonymize” checkbox. (This will prevent Google from saving the IP addresses of your website visitors.) Then select Save.
Note. At the time of this writing, Wix advises that they do not support the Google Analytics ID format version 4 (GA4), however, if you follow the process described above, which uses Universal Analytics (UA) code, the Google Analytics Wix integration will work.
You did it! You have now completed adding Google Analytics to your Wix site. However, keep in mind that the update may take several days and you will see the data from your website in your Google Analytics dashboard.
Once you see the data flow from your website to the Google Analytics dashboard, you can take advantage of the information the data provides you.
Don’t stop now!
Then think about learning more about Google Analytics, its features, and how you can use data to improve your website’s ROI. You will find that it is not as difficult as you might think.
Really, remember Bob Parsons? He advises you to never give up and focus on what you want. If your goal is a website with engaging content, increased traffic, and better sales, then by following this guide you have already made some serious progress!
Adding Google Analytics to the Wix site
Adding Google Analytics to the Wix site