7 Best Cell Phone Screen Protectors 2023.
The sound of the phone hitting the floor can be scary.
Sometimes the phone lands on your back, but a protective case protects it from scratches or dents. In other cases, the phone will fall face down and you are not sure if the screen is cracked or not.
With a screen protector, you can save yourself from potential suffering from broken glass.
Below you will find a selection of the best screen protectors for Android and iPhone that will protect your phone from scratches, marks, or cracks.
What Is a Screen Protector?
A screen protector is an extra sheet of clear plastic film or liquid that adheres to your phone’s screen and protects it from physical damage. This material is usually made from laminated glass or polyurethane and is tailored to the shape of your device.
In the event of a drop or fall, it is much easier to replace the screen protector than the phone screen itself. It also keeps the screen in the best possible condition throughout the life of the phone.
Types of Screen Protectors for Android and iPhone
There are four main types of screen protectors:
- Tempered glass. This screen protector is easy to put on your phone screen and is pleasant to the touch. Plus, it’s thicker and stronger than plastic in terms of scratch and drops resistance. You can also purchase a tempered glass screen protector in more options with features like privacy or anti-reflective coating.
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET): This is a cheap, lightweight, thin, and sleek screen protector that offers the least impact and scratch protection. The PET screen protector gives your phone’s screen a decently smooth surface, but it’s not as stiff and a bit stiff so on phones with curved screens it can’t be pulled from edge to edge.
- Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU): This is a thin flexible material that is used to make most plastic screen protectors. TPU has better shock protection than PET and can work edge-to-edge on any phone. However, it is not easy to install as it requires an aerosol solution and has an almost rubbery texture.
- Liquid Screen Protector: This type of screen protector is applied to your phone by wiping off the solution and then buffing it off. A screen protector is only useful to prevent some scratches, which means that severe scratches can still get onto your phone screen. Also, liquid screen protectors cannot protect your phone from being dropped.
1. Otterbox Alpha Glass
Best Screen Protectors for Android And iPhone
This screen protector is made of scratch and shatter-resistant glass for superior protection.
The protector comes with a microfiber cloth, scraper, dust removal sticker, and installation instructions. Plus, it’s compatible with a variety of Otterbox cases and is specially designed for Google Pixel 4 phones.
2. Spigen AlignMaster Glass Screen Protector
The highlight of the Spigen AlignMaster Screen Protector is its installer, which helps you perfectly align the screen protector during application.
The tempered glass protector is durable and fits most Spigen phone cases. However, the protector does not provide camera protection or privacy and is only designed for the iPhone XR and iPhone 11. You can find the iPhone 12 version here.
3. ZAGG InvisibleShield Ultra Vision Guard
If you need an easy-to-install screen protector, the ZAGG InvisibleShield Smart Film is worth considering. The film uses a wet-install process to increase the strength of the screen.
The screen protector has an eye protection layer that filters out harmful blue light and a nano memory self-healing technology that heals minor scratches and dents. The protector is best for Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ phones and works with any phone case.
4. UniqueMe 2 Pack Tempered Glass Privacy Screen Protector
UniqueMe screen protector not only protects your screen from scratches and damage but also protects your privacy with a tinted design. This means that anyone not directly in front of your screen will not be able to see your phone’s display.
Includes an oleophobic coating for daily anti-fingerprint protection and an optimized design for crystal clear images. In addition, the protective film comes with a camera lens protector that can be attached to the rear clips to protect them from damage.
The main disadvantage of this protection is that it is designed for the iPhone 11 Pro, slightly more expensive than other options, and not everyone needs the privacy protection feature.
5. JETech Screen Protector
JETech screen protector comes in a set of three tempered glass screen protectors, complete with a guide stick, dust stick, cleaning cloth, and installation instructions.
The extremely high hardness of the tread makes it scratch resistant. Plus, it is dust, fingerprint-proof, and inexpensive.
While the protector is designed for iPhone 6 / 6s / 7/8 and SE 2020, it doesn’t cover the entire screen due to the rounded edges of these iPhones. It also lacks camera protection and privacy protection.
6. Skinomi TechSkin
The Galaxy S20 and S20 + are some of Samsung’s most expensive flagship smartphones that you wouldn’t want to see cracked or shattered screens. Skinomi TechSkin screen protector protects the S20 display from tears, scratches, and punctures.
Made from military-grade TPU material, the screen protector is not only flexible, but also claims to be self-healing, and also has a 100 percent risk-free life-long replacement.
Additional protection is available in case you get confused while applying a protector to your phone screen. Remember to give it enough time to install before using your phone after installation.
7. amFilm Glass Screen Protector
The am Film screen protector is made of tempered glass and is designed for full-screen edge-to-edge protection to protect your OnePlus 7 smartphone display from damage.
Unfortunately, amFilm screen protectors may not work with many rugged cases.
- Protective properties: For better impact protection, we recommend using a tempered glass or TPU protective film.
- Compatibility: Get a screen protector that is compatible with your phone’s shape, size, and model. Please check the product description before purchasing to see which screen protector is suitable for you.
- Functionality. Some screen protectors add a protective layer, an anti-reflective layer, or a blue light reduction layer. Other screen protectors have an anti-microbial coating that helps reduce the spread of germs on the screen surface.
- Installation / Application. Most screen protectors have adhesive tape on one side, so you can stick them directly onto your phone display.
What to Look for When Picking a Screen Protector for Your Phone
Keep Your Phoneâ€™s Screen Pristine
The best screen protector protects the most fragile part of your phone, protecting it from scratches and cracks. If you have an iPhone, Gorilla Glass may be strong enough to withstand drops, but you still need to buy a durable iPhone protective case to protect the back from other damage such as dents, bumps, and water.
We’d love to hear about your experience with your phone screen protector. Share with us in the comments.
7 Best Cell Phone Screen Protectors 2021
7 Best Cell Phone Screen Protectors 2021.
best tempered glass screen protector brand
screen protector brands
best iPhone 8 screen protectors