4 situations where real-time location sharing can save lives.Live Location Sharing During Business Trips.
Thanks to modern technology, it is very easy to share your current location using your mobile phone. You can share your location from your Android device, or track your family members by asking them to share their location from any mobile device.
Some people even fake their location to hide their plans or to protect their privacy.
However, the most useful purpose of real-time communication is to protect your personal safety. In many situations, informing people of your whereabouts will keep you safe and others will be informed about your immediate surroundings.
1. Walking in Public at Night
Your chances of becoming a victim while walking in public at night are not very high, but they may be higher than you expect.
According to the Bureau of Justice, men have a 37% chance of being robbed and a 22% chance for women at least once or several times in their lives. The probability of an attack at least once in a lifetime for men is 82%, and for women – 62%.
These chances are even higher at night when would-be thieves feel like they are using the shroud of darkness.
By highlighting your location, you can get help much faster. Those few extra seconds can make the difference between life and death when someone is standing in front of you with a knife or a gun.
There are several good ways to set up this way of transmitting your location in an emergency.
On the iPhone, you can use the built-in emergency assistance system to call emergency services. THE Emergency SOS app will immediately send an SMS message to all your emergency contacts with your current location.
The Phone app, which is installed by default on Android phones, has a similar function. When you use it to dial 911, your phone will display your address in text and on a map so you can read your location aloud to the 911 operator.
Several other apps that can do this include:
- SMS Text 911 (Android): Know your location when you call 911 and automatically send a batch SMS to your next of kin indicating your GPS location.
- SirenGPS (Phone): Create an emergency profile so that when an emergency call is called, emergency responders already know your contact information and your phone tells you where you are.
It is very important to install these apps or prepare your phone ahead of time so that you are always ready for immediate action in the event of an emergency when you are alone at night.
2. Never Go Lost While Hiking
Hiking is a fantastic pastime. It’s a great way to stay healthy, enjoy the fresh air, and live in a spirit of exploration and adventure.
There is a lot to see in the desert. Unfortunately, this is also one of the most likely places where people get lost.
All it takes is to get off the trail a very short distance and it is very easy to turn around. Everything looks the same in all directions and then panic begins.
The sad thing is that thanks to modern technology, it is extremely easy to use real-time geodata transfer so you don’t get lost or find your way back if you get lost.
The following real-time location apps can help you stay on track even if you feel completely lost in a forest.
- AllTrails: This app is by far the most useful when you’re out in the wilderness. It helps you get hiking information before you hit the road, but best of all, it also lets you save maps to your phone for offline use. This is convenient, especially if you may not have access to any mobile signals.
- FatMap: This application provides global 3D maps designed for outdoor adventure lovers. This is one of the best maps for planning outdoor adventures, but best of all has global offline access wherever you are.
- Hiking Project: This application was created for tourists. See your current location as a blue dot on the map. And even if you don’t have a signal, you will still see your actual location. This is almost a guarantee that you will not get lost.
- ViewRanger: This application offers a unique feature that allows you to identify mountain peaks using augmented reality. This is a great way to use landmarks to determine your location. Best of all, it works offline with offline GPS technology.
The beauty of these and other real-time location apps is that they can tell you where you are even when you don’t know anything. They can also help emergency services locate you by providing accurate longitude and latitude coordinates if you still cannot find a way out.
3. Live Location Sharing During Business Trips
One of the most rewarding ways to share your real-time location is to relax your family during your business trip. Help your spouse and kids worry less by sharing your current location using the Google Maps app while you travel.
All they have to do is check their app on the link you sent and they can see your current location at any time.
This can provide tremendous peace of mind for the rest of the family when one of the family members travel long distances.
There are many other ways that apps can use your current location to help you on your business trip.
- Certain receipt management apps integrate with your phone’s GPS sensor to record your location.
- Use mileage tracking apps to track your mileage for expense reporting.
- Use Google Street View for real-time interactive navigation, especially if you’re trying to navigate a new city.
4. Keep Your Kids on a Digital Leash
There is nothing worse than losing your little children in the middle of a crowd. This scenario is especially likely when you are in certain locations, such as a festival or a theme park. This is scary not only for you but also for your children.
Make sure your kids’ phone has real-time location data enabled. You can either enable real-time location sharing on Google Maps for your entire trip, or use one of the many other apps that allow you to track your kids in real-time.
Connect and Protect Yourself
Many people blame mobile phones and apps. But they can also be life-saving devices. Calling your loved ones is an active way to calm them down. You can take it a step further by using real-time location sharing to keep them updated.
4 situations where real-time location sharing can save lives
4 situations where real-time location sharing can save lives.
dangers of sharing location on social media
location sharing with friends
location sharing articles
does location sharing work internationally
potential risks of location sharing technologies
location sharing in relationships
can location sharing be wrong
why sharing location is bad.Live Location Sharing During Business Trips.Live Location Sharing During Business Trips.Live Location Sharing During Business Trips